Monday, January 12, 2009

Sharpie and JCDecaux



I came across this interactive billboard on Design You Trust and the post was submitted by adamfuhrer.

The interactive billboard allows the general public to pick up a pen and contribute their own 'graffiti', or whatever it is you want to call it, to the billboard, leaving a (pseudo) permanent mark on the display. The user can choose whatever colour and compose whatever message they want to broadcast to passers by.

I really love this kinda thing. It's a nice simple technology that allows for public collaboration in a really light hearted manner, even Sharpie's choice of using the plaster cast on the poster is a master stroke. I'm really annoyed I didn't think of it first...

Keeping the same theme on public interaction and stuff, I came across CBS Outdoor Alive while I was in London recently. This is a really interesting concept as it's really related to my research topic that I'm going to be doing for my Masters thesis this year.

No comments: