Tuesday, August 19, 2008

10 Futuristic User Interfaces



Jack Schofield posted this link to Smashing Magazine where they displayed their ideas of 10 futuristic interfaces. Some really nice concepts. I especially like Ringo: Holographic user interface as I've become fascinated with the idea of taking computer generated effects off the screen and into the real world (Its referred to as Augmented Reality as opposed to Virtual Reality).

I found it surprising that Jeff Han's multi touch screen, as presented on TED below, didn't make it into the list. I'd have it at the top of the list...



I was lucky enough to get a demonstration of the Musion Eyeliner technology in London. Its actually the material technology and set up logistics that Musion actually offer, its not an interface in itself. Many of you would have seen this used for The Gorillaz' live show (Musion & Passion Pictures) with Madonna at the 2005 MTV European Music Awards in Lisbon.



...and this is one of my favourite projection displays from Alexander McQueen's 2006 fashion show created by Musion and Glassworks Ltd.



...and if I am going to mention Musion and McQueen's fashion show work, then Diesel's 2007 'Liquid Space' (Vizoo & DVein) from Florence is certainly worth a mention.

No comments: